Saffron, Almonds, Condensed milk blissful combination, ultimate symbol of luxurious food. To add to the classic flavors, vermicelli brings back the vintage Indian flavor.This old fashioned recipe with a fun twist can’t be any simpler. Mixing the ingredients as you desire, fill in molds(I have used shot glasses), freeze and enjoy! Detailed Recipe follows..
- 4 tbsp vermicelli
- 1 + 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3/4 cup chopped Almonds
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 1+1/2 tbsp sugar
- Handful of chopped Almonds
- Cardamom for flavor
- Mix 2 tbsp corn starch in 1/2 cup room temperature milk and set aside.
- Bring the remaining milk to boil and combine condensed milk on medium flame. Slowly incorporate corn flour-milk mixture.
- Once the mixture thickens add saffron strands and chopped Almonds. Let it cool.
- Layer shot glasses with cooked vermicelli* followed by the mixture. Freeze.
*Vermicelli – Cook vermicelli with sugar, saffron and water until al dente