I would call myself a lipstick addict! I first applied lipstick when I was five years old, a teenage daughter of my mom’s friend introduced me to the idea of adding color to our lips. Though I haven’t seen her in last fifteen years I totally adore her for what she taught me. Lipstick is my most favorite makeup item. It’s a nice way to transition your rather blah look into polished and put together with just a swipe of color. I am a hoarder when it comes to lipsticks but, I am very particular about my choice of colors. Case in point, I always from deep brown shades. Here is my guide to go-to lipstick shades if you have warm beige skin tone like me. But, mostly these shades are pretty universal. I am sharing with you my favorites with three variations in each color family based on how pigmented they are in various price points. Let me know which are your favorite lipsticks, I would like to hear from you.
- Topshop rio rio – Great shade of red with a hint of Orange. I like to wear with black or colors like mustard. If you slightly dab, its a fun shade for day time office.
- Dior blazing red – My most favorite color which goes perfectly well with all my Indian sarees. This is the lipstick color I wore on my wedding day.
- MAC Ruby woo – Ultimate favorite to add some oomph factor. My date night favorite. Long lasting and very matte.
- Revlon “tutti frutti” – Perfect for day time look, very subtle and looks fresh during summer days. Gives lipgloss finish
- Maybelline “Vibrant Mandarine” – Orange shade close to coral. One of my got-to shades with dewy makeup.
- Nars “heat wave” Shocking orange, which makes a alternative to routine red.
- Maybelline “coral crush”-Universally flattering and looks fantastic on every skin tone.
- Rimmel “109” – Cheapest and creamiest lipstick I have ever bought, right shade for a meeting with the boss.
- YSL “12” – Another favorite for Indian ethnic wear, has a great shine and you can toss that lip gloss.
- Estee Lauder “Stay pink”- One of those old favorites, I have to scan through ebay to find a piece. Perfect muted pink and matte. Goes great with whites.
- Nars “Funny face” – Lovely fuchsia with a purple shimmer. Semi-matte. Although, this is more of a spring/summer color, I love wearing this during the fall.
- Maybelline “fuchsia flash” – Very 80’s barbie doll pink. Slightly shinny, sometime I like to swipe it with translucent powder to make it matte. Not for everyday look, but perfect when you want to have fun with some color.
My Lips but Better (MLBB)
- Nars “gipsy” – My almost everyday work lipstick, kind of a red, but won’t stand out.
- Revlon “berry rich” – Balanced mix of peach, pink and berry. One of the shades that define the term “my lips but slightly better”
- Dior ” rare amber” – My choice of lipstick when I am opting for conservative look, slightly opaque and adds shine little less than a gloss. Perfect for interviews.
- Sephora “37” – My ultimate nude color choice during summer months. Hint of pink and a hint of brown, with some shimmer.
- MAC “mocha” – It took me a while to understand nude lipstick, and my appreciation started with mocha. Perfect shade of nude, for Indian skin mainly if you are on the warmer side. Also, a mix of pink and brown.
- Estee Lauder “pink berry” – Unlike Mocha this is a nude shade which is very pink. Office appropriate without being boring.
How did you like this post? Please let us know what you think in the comment section. We love to hear from you.