Two reasons I love green smoothies for breakfast is one, my mornings start very early and I am always falling short of time or running behind, two I suck at getting my daily greens right. I love how easy it is to blend and take a go-to drink plus it almost has your daily serving of greens in there. For the recipe I mix up lot of things but my current favorite is this recipe which makes two servings.
- Handful of Kale
- Handful of spinach
- One cup alkaline water
- One apple, cored, quartered
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- Optional : 1 scoop of protein powder ( I use this )
- Place leafy greens and water into the blender and blend until mixture is juice like.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.